Starting Tuesday, March 17th, University Human Resources will be primarily operating in a remote fashion. Our goal is to minimize disruption and maintain operations as normally as possible. The S. Jackson St. University Human Resources office and the Training and Development Center will be closed beginning March 17th. Our staff will be working remotely to allow for social distancing while we still do what is required to serve our students, faculty and staff.
Please visit our website often. This information is subject to change and will be regularly updated.
We encourage you to monitor the University of Georgia coronavirus website for updates.
On this site, you can review a variety of "health and welfare" plus other benefits offered to you as a result of your employment at UGA! View summaries and detailed information about the various insurance plans offered by the University System of Georgia (USG), allowing you to select options best suited for your needs and those of your eligible dependents. Choose from the list at left to learn more.
New hires are encouraged to attend one of the benefits overview sessions, held twice a month, prior to making benefits choices.
If you wish to enroll in University System of Georgia benefits, you must do so within 30 days of your employment date using the OneUSG Connect - Benefits website. Select the UGA logo and use your MyID and password to log in. If needed, you may also call the OneUSG Connect - Benefits Call Center toll free at 1-844-5-USGBEN (1-844-587-4236).
If you do not enroll during the 30-day period, you must wait until the annual open enrollment period, unless you experience an IRS-approved life event change.
- New employees should visit the OneUSG Connect - Benefits website to enroll.
- Current employees who wish to make coverage changes due to life events should also use the OneUSG Connect - Benefits website to request changes.
New-hire benefits coverage start dates:
On hire date IF
Hire date is first day of the month and employee enrolls during the first 30 days of employment
First day of month after hire date IF
Hire date is after the first day of the month and employee enrolls during the first 30 days of employment
January 1 of the following calendar year IF
Employee does not enroll within 30 days of his/her hire date and the employee enrolls during the fall open enrollment period
Newly-hired ACADEMIC CONTRACT FACULTY ONLY:
- Employees who work a minimum of 75% time in one or more "regular" positions are eligible for all health and welfare benefits listed below.
- Employees who work at least 50% but less than 75% time in one or more "regular" positions are eligible for retirement and leave benefits.
- Employees who work in "temporary" positions (any % time) are not eligible for health and welfare benefits or leave accrual.
Health & welfare benefits:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Vision insurance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts (high deductible health plan participants only)
- LegalEase Legal Plan
- Leave accrual
Other benefits and services:
- Shared Leave program
- UGA-affiliated child care
- Services for domestic partners
- Discounts for UGA employees
- Benefits overview sessions for new faculty and staff
- Benefits "snapshot" for prospective faculty and staff
- General UGA services and activities
- Employee liability insurance
Faculty and Staff Meal Plans
Dining Services offers full-time, benefit eligible faculty and staff members a 10-block meal plan
giving customers 10 meals valid in any of UGA’s five dining halls. Additional 10-blocks
can be purchased at any time and do not expire. Faculty / Staff may also use post-tax
payroll deduction for the plan.
The link with full details is here https://dining.uga.edu/meal-plans/faculty-staff