The University of Georgia is pleased to announce a new initiative to complete a comprehensive review of staff compensation. This project began in February 2022 and implementation is expected to be underway by June 30, 2023.
WHY IS UGA CONDUCTING THIS REVIEW?
To ensure job and market salary competitiveness, effective policies, procedures and fiscal responsibility, an evaluation is needed of the University’s present classification and compensation structure.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTED RESULTS?
- Compensation study: Complete a broad-based compensation study comparing UGA salaries to the market (both in and outside of higher education). View the higher education peer group here.
- Salary benchmarking: Develop target percentile/range as a market salary benchmark, based on peer aspirant groups in higher education. Develop a process to review salary ranges regularly by job classification.
- Tools for promotion and progression: Develop systems and tools to assist with career progression and promotions. Provide guidance for job movement across the institution and identify the corresponding compensation actions.
- Sustainability: Ensure that all policies and procedures are consistent with the new structure. Identify surveys to support the compensation structure and ongoing requests for salary adjustments.
- Address ongoing challenges: Develop strategies, policies and procedures to address staff compensation challenges. Identify opportunities that will enhance the critical role of UGA staff in supporting UGA's core teaching, research, outreach and student life missions, while ensuring resources are not diverted from the core mission.
- Learning and development: Develop training plans focused on career progression on a job function/family basis that give employees the skills and knowledge required to progress through the university.