UGA went live with OneUSG Connect HCM System on Sunday, December 16, 2018. Links to access the new system and to user and practitioner resources are below. Please be aware that new resources are being developed at this time and will be posted as soon as available.
- To log into OneUSG Connect HCM, go to the OneSource website and select the red login link to OneUSG Connect.
- OneSource Faculty and Staff Guide
- OneSource/OneUSG Connect Standard Operating Procedures (includes hiring, position management, absence management, payroll and termination procedures)
- OneSource Training Library
- OneSource/OneUSG Connect All Other Resources
In addition, we have created a quick reference to assist with which system will now be used to initiate common personnel-related actions:
The Position Management and Classification team is happy to assist with any of your reclassification or position modification needs. Position Management is the process by which departments determine how jobs are defined, how many positions are needed, and what the organizational structure should look like.
UGAJobs & Position Management
As a part of the new position management process within UGAJobs, departments will have the ability to:
- Create a New Position: the department requests the creation of a new position for their organization structure.
- Evaluate a Position Description: the department requests to reclassify or make changes to a position description.
- Modify a Position Description: the department requests to vacate a position (remove a seated employee), update the position budget number, and/or update the positions reporting structure (change the supervisor).
Job Evaluation Process for Creating & Evaluating Position Descriptions
A request for reclassification or new position may be submitted by the department HR or Business Office through UGA’s position management system - UGAJobs. As a part of the UGAJobs upgrade, the job evaluation has been integrated into the online forms when requesting to create or evaluate a position. All reclassification actions in UGAJobs must be submitted with an official organizational chart demonstrating the proposed changes, and the resume of the position’s incumbent. These documents should be combined into one PDF and attached to the UGAJobs action under the “Position Documents” designation.
A request to create or evaluate a position will be reviewed for completion before acceptance, and all incomplete forms will be returned to the department. The department will be notified of the acceptance or return of job evaluation materials within 1-3 business days of submission.
Once a request has been accepted (organizational charts, and resume), the Classification team will begin a preliminary review of relevant materials before scheduling a position evaluation interview with pertinent stakeholders. This could include, but is not limited to: the incumbent, the incumbent’s supervisor, and any other critically involved parties. This process may take place over the phone or in person, and is typically scheduled on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
After reviewing the job evaluation materials and notes from the position evaluation meetings, the Classification team will collaborate to reach a final determination of classification. This decision will be communicated back to the department via UGAJobs/email along with a justification for the decision.
User Access: Hiring departments should use the UGAJobs system for
For additional information pertaining to Timing, Appeals Process and Additional Resources