Mandatory Plan (Hard Waiver Plan) waiver information
The enrollment and waiver period for Fall 2021 is July 21, 2021 – September 14, 2021.
Approved waivers for Fall 2021 apply to the period of August 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 only. There will be another waiver request period for the Spring/Summer coverage period.
Students who are mandated to have coverage under the mandatory student health insurance plan may request to waive out of the mandatory plan if they have other acceptable health insurance coverage.
To submit a waiver, go to http://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/univofga and select “Waive Coverage.” Use your 9-digit student ID (81x) number and date of birth to access the Waiver form. Upon submission of the request, you will immediately receive a confirmation page. Please print or save a copy of the confirmation page for proof of your waiver submission.
The review of your waiver request may take up to 10 business days to complete. During this review period, you may be asked to submit proof of your insurance coverage such as letter from your insurance company verifying coverage and a copy of your insurance policy. Requested documentation must be in English.
If your other health insurance coverage does not have the highly recommended coverages
and you incur claims that your plan does not cover, you will not be able to enroll
in the student health insurance plan until the next open enrollment period. At that
time, you must meet the eligibility requirements for student health insurance in order
to enroll in the plan.
Important information regarding waiver requests:
- To be included in the eligibility file, you must be registered for credit hours during fall semester and the charge for mandatory health insurance must be assessed to your UGA student account. You can access the insurance company’s system approximately 48 business hours after the charge is assessed to your UGA student account.
- Students wishing to opt-out of the mandatory plan for Fall 2021 coverage because they have other health insurance coverage, must submit a waiver request by the waiver request deadline.
- Waiver requests do not carry over from one semester to another. You are required to submit a waiver request each waiver period.
- Once a student’s waiver is approved, the student health insurance charge will be waived from the student's UGA student account within (7) business days.
- An approved waiver for the mandatory student health insurance plan does NOT waive the Health Center fee that is part of a student's tuition and fees.
- Submitting insurance information to the Health Center as part of the admissions process does NOT qualify as a waiver request for the mandatory student health insurance plan.
All charges, including student health insurance, must be paid by the tuition and fee deadline in order to avoid late fees or schedule cancellation. If your student health insurance waiver request is approved after the tuition and fee payment deadline and you have paid the student health insurance charge, the charge will be refunded according to the refund procedures and schedule.
If your waiver is denied:
If your waiver request is denied and you wish to submit an appeal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions on submitting an appeal.
Questions about student health insurance may be directed to email@example.com or 706-542-2222.