University Human Resources (UHR) has started a multi-year program to modernize career development for staff, as well as staff and faculty supervisors. The program, UGA Journeys-Navigating your Career Path, will feature new tools and procedures that provide a continuous career development model that's clear and easy to use so you can grow in your career here at UGA.
What it is:
- Career path options that are easy to understand, so you can choose the path that is best for you.
- Development courses to help you grow in your role and prepare for possible future roles when they are available.
- A new staff evaluation process and tool to encourage growth conversations about performance.
- An effort to provide competitive salaries based on market research.
What it isn't:
- One mandated set of steps you are required to take.
- An automatic promotion once you complete all the courses in your development plan.
- The only feedback tool available during the evaluation process.
- An automatic pay increase for everyone.
We welcome you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.