As a supervisor, your responsibilities include leading people and managing processes. The Supervisory Excellence Program provides important information through classroom instruction and peer discussion to support your success in a supervisory role at the University of Georgia.
By participating in the Supervisory Excellence Program, participants will:
- Contribute to the University of Georgia’s commitment to excellence by increasing their supervisory knowledge and skills
- Build campus-wide relationships and gain a better understanding of overall university operations
- Immediately be able to put into practice the new knowledge and skills learned in order to improve their management styles and workplace environments
Important Programming Update
Training & Development is redesigning the Supervisory Excellence Program (SEP) to enhance course content and better address the responsibilities of supervising at the University of Georgia.
If you were taking SEP courses prior to October 2017, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page for information about completing the Certificate in Supervisory Excellence under the previous guidelines.
Programming for Spring 2018
Supervisory Excellence Fundamentals - Offered June 13-14
Supervisory Excellence Fundamentals is a new foundational program designed to deliver the most essential knowledge and tools for supervising at UGA. During a day and a half of instruction and discussion with fellow supervisors, participants will learn the ins and outs of employment guidelines and policies and managing a staff.
- Intended for supervisors, new and veteran
- Strongly encouraged for all employees who hold a supervisory role at UGA
- 1.5 days
- Offered 4 times/year
- Required under the new guidelines for earning the Certificate in Supervisory Excellence (coming summer 2018)
Register via the UGA Employee Self-Service site under the Training & Development menu.
Coming June 2018
- New guidelines for earning the Certificate in Supervisory Excellence
- Additional courses for current and aspiring supervisors
- Additional dates for Supervisory Excellence Fundamentals