Professional Development Book Club
The Professional Development Book Club meets each semester at Learning & Development. The book club is open to all UGA faculty and staff and fosters interdisciplinary conversation and networking across the university.
Book selections focus on relevant and evidence-based topics that help professionals meet the challenges of their work and lives.
Join us for our fall selection:
Thinking Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know by Adam Grant
Wednesday, October 20, 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
Register to attend through the Professional Education Portal (PEP).
Previous selections have included:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain (spring 2017)
- Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath (summer 2017)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck (fall 2017)
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek (winter 2018)
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle (spring 2018)
- New Power by Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms (summer 2018)
- Uncensored by Zachary R. Wood (fall 2018)
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown (spring 2019)
- Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown (summer 2019)
- Biased by Jennifer L. Eberhardt (fall 2019)
- The Moment of Lift by Melinda Gates (spring 2020)
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein (summer 2020)
- The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu (summer 2020)
- The Art of Possibility by Rosamund and Benjamin Zander (fall 2020)
- Wolfpack by Abby Wamback (summer 2021)
Have a suggestion for a future title? Want to be notified of upcoming book selections? Let us know!