Professional Development Book Club
The Professional Development Book Club meets each semester at Training & Development. The book club is open to all UGA faculty and staff and fosters interdisciplinary conversation and networking across the university.
Book selections focus on relevant and research-based topics that help professionals meet the challenges of their work and lives. Previous selections have included:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain (spring 2017)
- Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath (summer 2017)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck (fall 2017)
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek (winter 2018)
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle (spring 2018)
- New Power by Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms (summer 2018)
- Uncensored by Zachary R. Wood (fall 2018)
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown (spring 2019)
Join us to discuss the next selection:
Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown
Friday, August 2, 2019 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. at T&D
Register to attend through the Professional Education Portal (PEP) beginning May 1st.
Have a suggestion for a future title? Want to be notified of upcoming book selections? Let us know!