We're back! Beginning Monday, August 10th, 2020; University Human Resources (HR) will begin Phase 3 Return to Campus operation which means we will be open during UGA's normal business hours (8 AM till 5 PM, EST). Our offices require face coverings and social distancing guidelines as set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and outlined in the University of Georgia Return to Campus guide.
Please visit the websites below often as each page is subject to change and will be regularly updated.
Important Pages Related to Phase 3 Return to Campus:
Important Pages Related to COVID-19 Operations
Professional Development Book Club
The Professional Development Book Club meets each semester at Training & Development. The book club is open to all UGA faculty and staff and fosters interdisciplinary conversation and networking across the university.
Book selections focus on relevant and research-based topics that help professionals meet the challenges of their work and lives.
Join us to discuss this fall's selection:
The Art of Possibility by Rosamund and Benjamin Zander
Friday, October 9, 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Discussions will be held online via Zoom. Register to attend through the Professional Education Portal (PEP).
Previous selections have included:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain (spring 2017)
- Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath (summer 2017)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck (fall 2017)
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek (winter 2018)
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle (spring 2018)
- New Power by Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms (summer 2018)
- Uncensored by Zachary R. Wood (fall 2018)
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown (spring 2019)
- Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown (summer 2019)
- Biased by Jennifer L. Eberhardt (fall 2019)
- The Moment of Lift by Melinda Gates (spring 2020)
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein (summer 2020)
- The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu (summer 2020)
Have a suggestion for a future title? Want to be notified of upcoming book selections? Let us know!