Covering eligible dependents on the Mandatory Plan
*Special Information about the summer-only Enrollment and Waiver Period
The enrollment and waiver period for summer-only 2017 is April 17, 2017 – June 15, 2017.
Who must enroll or waiver summer-only coverage?
- The only students that can enroll or waive during the summer-only enrollment and waiver period are students who are newly-mandated during the summer 2017 semester (i.e., international students with a J1 or F1 visa enrolling during summer 2017 semester who were not enrolled in classes during spring 2017 semester or graduate students newly awarded a graduate assistantship tuition waiver for summer 2017 semester).
- Students who were enrolled or had an approved waiver during the spring/summer 2017 coverage period do not need to enroll or submit a waiver request again for summer-only coverage. Enrollments, including dependent enrollments, and waivers for spring/summer 2017 cover the period of January 1 – July 31, 2017. Students that did not submit a waiver during the spring/summer 2017 waiver period and thus were automatically enrolled in the plan for spring/summer 2017 coverage cannot waive any coverage until the fall 2017 waiver period.
Dependents of covered students are also eligible for coverage under this plan. Eligible dependents are:
The spouse of the covered student or
Any dependent child of the covered student under age 26.
To enroll dependents:
Before enrolling dependents, students must first complete their Enrollment form at http://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/univofga (select "Enrollment form") to activate their coverage. To enroll eligible dependents, visit www.uhcsr.com/univofga. Create or log into your United Healthcare My Account and purchase the desired coverage. Premiums for dependent coverage are paid directly to United Healthcare Student Resources. The full premium is due at the time of enrollment.
--IMPORTANT-- Dependents are enrolled on a coverage-period basis and coverage cannot be ended early! Dependents must be enrolled each coverage period in order to continue coverage. Coverage periods are as follows:
- Fall - coverage from August 1 – December 31
- Spring/summer – coverage from January 1 – July 31
- Summer only coverage – coverage from May 1 – July 31 (If a dependent was enrolled during the spring/summer coverage period, the dependent does not have to be enrolled again during the summer-only enrollment period. The dependent is already enrolled through July 31.)
|2016-17 United Healthcare Student Resources
Mandatory Student Health Insurance Plan Premiums
Coverage 8/1/2016 -
Coverage 1/1/2017 -
|Two or more children||$1,740||$2,412||$1,046|
|Spouse + two or more children||$2,610||$3,618||$1,569|
Add the above premiums together to determine the total premium for the appropriate desired student and dependent coverage. For example, the total fall premium due for coverage for a student not eligible for a UGA contribution ($870), a spouse ($870) and one child ($870) is $2,610. Dependents cannot be covered unless the student is covered.
Questions about student health insurance may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-2222.