We're back! Beginning Monday, August 10th, 2020; University Human Resources (HR) will begin Phase 3 Return to Campus operation which means we will be open during UGA's normal business hours (8 AM till 5 PM, EST). Our offices require face coverings and social distancing guidelines as set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and outlined in the University of Georgia Return to Campus guide.
Please visit the websites below often as each page is subject to change and will be regularly updated.
Important Pages Related to Phase 3 Return to Campus:
Important Pages Related to COVID-19 Operations
Verifying employment at UGA
The Work Number handles employment and salary verifications for the University of Georgia. The process is simple for employees and lenders. You have two options to instantly get the information you need:
Option 2: 1-800-367-5690
To obtain proof of employment only
- Contact The Work Number by using one of the above options
- Follow the prompted instructions
- You will need the following information:
- University of Georgia employer code: 13265
- The employee's Social Security Number (provided by the employee)
To obtain proof of employment plus income
- Use the instructions for obtaining proof of employment
- You will need additional information:
- A "Salary Key" authorization code provided by the employee. (Employees may get a Salary Key by visiting www.theworknumber.com or calling 1-800-367-2884.)
- To permit a verifier to access only your employment information, provide your Social Security number and University of Georgia employer code: 13265
- To provide your salary information to a verifying organization, another level of security is required. Either visit www.theworknumber.com or call 1-800-367-2884 to obtain a "Salary Key. " This Key is required to access your salary information. Remember, you alone give permission for a verifier to access your salary information.
- If you have difficulty or questions, please call The Work Number customer service line at 1-800-996-7566
UGA departments who receive requests for employment verification:
- Calls or written requests: Refer them to www.theworknumber.com or 1-800-367-5690
- Faxes: Use the "fax-back" sheet to respond to faxed requests for employment or income verifications. Return to the requester (1) the faxed request and (2) the "fax-back" sheet as a cover page.
August 29, 2017