Covering eligible dependents on the Mandatory Plan
- The fall 2018 waiver period is July 23, 2018 - September 4, 2018.
- The fall 2018 enrollment period is July 23, 2018 - September 19, 2018.
Dependents of covered students are also eligible for coverage under this plan. Eligible dependents are:
The legal spouse of the covered student
Any dependent child of the covered student under age 26.
To enroll dependents:
Before enrolling dependents, students must first complete their Enrollment form at http://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/univofga (select "Enrollment form") to activate their coverage. To enroll eligible dependents, visit www.uhcsr.com/univofga. Create or log into your United Healthcare My Account and purchase the desired coverage. Premiums for dependent coverage are paid directly to United Healthcare Student Resources. The full dependent premium is due at the time of enrollment.
For premium information visit: Mandatory plan premiums
--IMPORTANT-- Dependents are enrolled on a coverage-period basis and coverage cannot be ended early! Dependents must be enrolled each coverage period in order to continue coverage. Coverage periods are as follows:
- Fall - coverage from August 1 – December 31
- Spring/summer – coverage from January 1 – July 31
- Summer only coverage – coverage from May 1 – July 31 (If a dependent was enrolled during the spring/summer coverage period, the dependent does not have to be enrolled again during the summer-only enrollment period. The dependent is already enrolled through July 31.)
Questions about student health insurance may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-2222.