Covering eligible dependents on the Mandatory Plan2019-2020 Preliminary Information Regarding Student Health Insurance, Vision insurance and Dental Insurance
Special Information about Summer-only 2019 Enrollment and Waiver Period
The enrollment and waiver period for summer-only 2019 is April 17, 2019 – June 14, 2019.
Enrollment and waiver information for the 2019-2020 academic year (coverage from August 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020) will be announced at a later date.
Who must enroll or waive Summer-only coverage?
- The only students that can enroll or waive during the Summer–only enrollment and waiver
period are students who are newly-mandated during the summer 2019 semester. Newly-mandated
- International students with a J or F visa status enrolling during summer 2019 semester(s) who were not enrolled in credit hours during spring 2019 semester
- Graduate students newly awarded a graduate assistantship tuition waiver for summer 2019 semester.
Students who were enrolled or had an approved waiver during the spring/summer 2019 coverage period do not need to enroll or submit a waiver request again during the summer-only period. Enrollments, including dependent enrollments, and approved waivers for spring/summer 2019 cover the period of January 1 – July 31, 2019.
Students who did not submit a waiver request during the spring/summer 2019 waiver period and thus were automatically enrolled in the plan for spring/summer 2019 coverage cannot waive any coverage until the fall 2019 waiver period. Spring/summer 2019 coverage is effective January 1 – July 31, 2019. The coverage cannot be prorated and ended early.
Dependents of covered students are also eligible for coverage under this plan. Eligible dependents are:
The legal spouse of the covered student
Any dependent child of the covered student under age 26.
To enroll dependents:
A student must first activate his or her student coverage by completing the Enrollment form at http://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/univofga (select "Enroll Now").
Once student coverage is activated, the student can log into his or her United Healthcare Student Resources account at www.uhcsr.com/univofga. (First time users should create their account first in order to log in.) The student can purchase the desired dependent coverage. Premiums for dependent coverage due in full at the time or enrollment and are paid directly to United Healthcare Student Resources.
For premium information visit: Mandatory plan premiums
Dependents are enrolled on a coverage-period basis and coverage cannot be ended early! Coverage periods are as follows:
- Fall - coverage from August 1 – December 31
- Spring/summer – coverage from January 1 – July 31
- Summer only coverage – coverage from May 1 – July 31 (If a dependent was enrolled during the spring/summer coverage period, the dependent does not have to be enrolled again during the summer-only enrollment period. The dependent is already enrolled through July 31.)
Questions about student health insurance may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-2222.