We're back! Beginning Monday, August 10th, 2020; University Human Resources (HR) will begin Phase 3 Return to Campus operation which means we will be open during UGA's normal business hours (8 AM till 5 PM, EST). Our offices require face coverings and social distancing guidelines as set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and outlined in the University of Georgia Return to Campus guide.
Please visit the websites below often as each page is subject to change and will be regularly updated.
Important Pages Related to Phase 3 Return to Campus:
Important Pages Related to COVID-19 Operations
WOMEN'S STAFF LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The University of Georgia is committed to recruiting and retaining the top talent among staff and cultivating an environment where all employees can develop and grow. The Women's Staff Leadership Institute helps ensure the university continues to support and encourage women to flourish, advance, and make their full contributions during their careers at UGA.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute is aligned with the Women's Leadership Initiative launched in 2015 by President Morehead and the Office of the Provost.
The institute is administered through Human Resources' Training & Development Department with the support of executive sponsor Jennifer L. Frum, Vice President of Public Service and Outreach.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute (WSLI) is an annual program that offers a select group of current University of Georgia employees the opportunity to explore their own leadership identities, develop their careers, and support one another in issues that women leaders face in higher education administration. The WSLI includes:
- In-depth conversations with senior administrators at UGA
- Panel discussions on the experiences of women in higher education leadership
- Workshops on setting goals and overcoming challenges, balancing competing commitments, career development, and financial management at UGA
- Hogan® personality assessment and individual coaching for greater workplace effectiveness
- Developing and learning with a network of peer mentors and institute alumni
The 2020 program runs April - November. Participants will meet monthly to attend workshops and discussions on campus.
Read more about the program, including alumni experiences, in Columns.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Who should participate?
Any UGA employee who has leadership responsibilities and a specific interest in women's
leadership development is encouraged to consider this program. Selected participants
will either (1) hold the title of assistant director or above, or (2) be responsible
for people, large programs, and/or complex projects.
Profiles of participants from previous cohorts are available here:
How do I participate?
Eligible employees must be nominated to participate. Nominations may be made by deans,
vice presidents, or other senior administrators.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter (no more than 2 pages in length) addressing a brief summary of the candidate's career path to date, evidence of the candidate's contribution to the ideals of higher education and the mission of UGA, and candidate's demonstrated interest in developing themselves and others;
- A personal statement (no more than 2 pages in length) written by the candidate addressing why the candidate wants to participate in the Women's Staff Leadership Institute; and
- Candidate's current resume or C.V.
All nomination materials should be submitted to Dr. Allie Cox, Director of Training & Development, at email@example.com.
Please do not include supplemental materials or additional letters of recommendation.
When can I submit my materials?
Nominations for the next cohort will be accepted January 2, 2020 - January 31, 2020. Submit all nomination materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nomination materials must be received by January 31, 2020. Materials cannot be accepted after January 31.
When will I be notified about my selection?
A selection committee will review the nominations and make recommendations to AVP
for Human Resources Juan Jarrett. Notifications to all nominees will be sent in early March.
Selected participants will receive program details and a schedule of events in their
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Questions about the program can be directed to Dr. Allie Cox, Director of Training & Development, at email@example.com.Posted 12.10.2019