WOMEN'S STAFF LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The University of Georgia is committed to recruiting and retaining the top talent among staff and cultivating an environment where all employees can develop and grow. The Women's Staff Leadership Institute helps ensure the university continues to support and encourage women to flourish, advance, and make their full contributions during their careers at UGA.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute is aligned with the Women's Leadership Initiative launched in 2015 by President Morehead and Provost Whitten.
The institute is administered through Human Resources' Training and Development Department with the support of executive sponsor Jennifer L. Frum, Vice President of Public Service and Outreach.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute (WSLI) is an annual program that offers a select group of current University of Georgia employees the opportunity to explore their own leadership identities, develop their careers, and support one another in issues that women leaders face in higher education administration. The WSLI includes:
- Conversations with senior administrators at UGA
- Panel discussions on the experiences of women in higher education leadership
- Workshops on setting goals and overcoming challenges, balancing competing commitments, career development, and budget development and financial management at UGA
- Hogan® personality assessment and individual coaching for greater workplace effectiveness
- Developing and learning with a network of peer mentors and institute alumni
The 2018 program runs March - November. Participants will meet monthly to attend workshops
and discussions on campus.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Who should participate?
Any UGA employee who has management responsibilities and a specific interest in women's
leadership development is encouraged to consider this program. Selected participants
will (1) hold the title of assistant director or above, or (2) be responsible for
people, large programs, and/or complex projects.
A list of participants from the inaugural Women's Staff Leadership Institute in 2017 is available here.
A list of participants in the current 2018 class is available here.
How do I participate?
Eligible employees must be nominated to participate. Nominations may be made by deans
or senior administrators. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter (no more than 2 pages in length) addressing a brief summary of the candidate's career path to date, evidence of the candidate's contribution to the ideals of higher education and the mission of UGA, and why the candidate wants to participate in a program focused on women's leadership;
- A letter of recommendation, limited to 1 page in length; and
- A current resume or C.V.
Nominators should submit all materials to Dr. Allie Cox, Director of Training & Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supporting letter of recommendation to accompany self-nominations may be sent
directly by the recommender to Dr. Cox.
When can I submit my materials?
Nominations for the 2018 program closed January 31, 2018. Nominations for the next class will open January 2019.
When will I be notified about my selection?
A selection committee will review the nominations and make recommendations to AVP
for Human Resources Juan Jarrett. Notifications to all nominees will be sent in February.
Selected participants will receive program details and a schedule of events in their
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Questions about the program can be directed to Dr. Allie Cox, Director of Training & Development, at email@example.com.Posted 3.29.2018