WOMEN'S STAFF LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
In alignment with the Women's Leadership Initiative launched in 2015 by President
Morehead and Provost Whitten, Human Resources is pleased to announce the Women's Staff Leadership Institute.
The University of Georgia is committed to recruiting and retaining the top talent
among staff and cultivating an environment where all employees can develop and grow.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute helps ensure the university continues to support
and encourage women to flourish, advance, and make their full contributions during
their careers at UGA.
The institute is administered through the Training and Development Department with the support of executive sponsors Dr. Laura Meadows, Interim Vice President for Public Service and Outreach and Dr. Dawn Cartee, Director for the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
The Women's Staff Leadership Institute (WSLI) is an annual program that offers a select group of current University of Georgia employees the opportunity to explore their own leadership identities, develop their careers, and support one another in issues that women leaders face in higher education administration. The WSLI includes:
- Conversations with senior administrators at UGA
- Panel discussions on the experiences of women in higher education leadership
- Workshops on setting goals and overcoming challenges, balancing competing commitments, career development, and budget development and financial management at UGA
- Hogan® personality assessment and individual coaching for greater workplace effectiveness
- Developing and learning with a network of peer mentors
The 2017 program runs April-October. Participants will meet monthly for half a day
to attend workshops and discussions on campus.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Who should participate?
Any UGA employee who has management responsibilities and a specific interest in women's
leadership development is encouraged to consider this program. Selected participants
will (1) hold the title of assistant director or above, or (2) be responsible for
people, large programs, and/or complex projects.
How do I participate?
Eligible employees must be nominated to participate. Nominations may be made by deans
or senior administrators. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter (no more than 2 pages in length) addressing a brief summary of the candidate's career path to date, evidence of the candidate's contribution to the ideals of higher education and the mission of UGA, and why the candidate wants to participate in a program focused on women's leadership;
- A letter of recommendation, limited to 1 page in length; and
- A current resume or C.V.
Nominators should submit all materials to Dr. Allie Cox, Senior Professional Development Leader in Training & Development, at email@example.com.
The supporting letter of recommendation to accompany self-nominations may be sent
directly by the recommender to Dr. Cox.
When can I submit my materials?
Nominations for the 2017 program closed February 1. Nomination instructions and deadline for
the 2018 program will be announced in January 2018.
When will I be notified about my selection?
A selection committee will review the nominations and make recommendations to AVP
for Human Resources Juan Jarrett. A cohort of participants will be selected in late February. Notifications to all nominees
will be sent in early March.
Selected participants will receive program details and a schedule of events in their
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Questions about the program can be directed to Dr. Allie Cox in Training & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted 8.10.2017