How to activate your Optum FSA or HSA
Before using your account, you must complete the activation process. To begin, follow
the simple steps below.
Activation steps for new users:
- Visit https://mycdh.optum.com/ and click on "Participant Log In." (For added security, you may copy and paste the URL into your web browser.) A new browser window will appear. Click on "Create your new username and password."
- A "User Identification" box will appear. Follow the onscreen instructions, filling in your first name, last name and zip code and then your UGA employee ID (9-digit 81x number). Click the "Next" button.
- Select and answer five security questions and click "Next." For security reasons, you may be asked one of these questions when completing certain account functions.
- When prompted, review and accept the terms and conditions of the HSA custodial agreement (if applicable) and required disclosures.
- The system will generate a username for you and you will need to create a 7-10 character password that includes at least one number. Please make a note of your username and password and keep it safe. Click "Submit."
- Congratulations! Your account is activated and you can now set up your account beneficiaries, order additional cards for dependents, set up your bank information for convenient reimbursement options, and download the mobile app, if desired.
Special Notice: As part of the Patriot Act screening requirements, Optum may ask you to provide additional
documentation necessary to open your account. If you receive a request for additional
information, please complete the provided form(s) and return the form(s) along with
the requested documentation.
After you have enrolled in your health plan and HSA or FSA, your Optum HSA or FSA debit card will be mailed to you. Use it for most of your payment needs: at the pharmacy, doctor's office, etc.
View the Optum frequently asked questions (FAQs) at www.optumbank.com or contact Optum Consumer Services at 877-470-1771, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time.
February 11, 2016